Here is the latest “Inside the SMC studio,” a monthly blog post highlighting our members and who they are! There is a set series of 10 questions they answer. This month, we hear from Mariah Ashley Pique, one of the movers and shakers here at Somerville Media Center!
1. Who are you and what do you do? My name is Mariah Ashley Pique and I am a Spirit Medium. A spirit medium is an individual who has the ability to communicate with the so-called dead. I am also a Musician, singer, songwriter, Beatmaker/ audio engineer, visual artist, Dancer, Radio Show host, TV show host, meditation facilitator, visionary, teacher of the spirit world and oh yeah I talk to dead entertainers, musicians and historical figures:) I channel them through my art, music and give their individual messages! For the most part I am a psychic/medium seeing Clients one on one during private session for mediumship or Tarot card readings outside of Ritual Arts the spiritual shop located @153 Harvard ave Allston MA. I am also a TV and Radio Host for “The Boston medium” and “Paranormal Playground Sounds” where I give free live Medium readings along with guided meditations and educating the public about mediumship through creativity and sound! You may have spotted me here and there in the streets of Boston dancing freely outside with butterfly wings or performing my music about the spirit realm at various open mics and venues! I am a dedicated music producer creating Beats, playing bass and writing songs educating and informing audiences about mediumship through sound. I have lots of fun creating spray paint and acrylic art pieces about spirit! participating in as many art shares and vendors in Boston that I can. Overall I work non stop at sharing my unprecedented world of spirit with others as I provide a portal of healing while inviting in the awareness of the evidence of life after death. I introduce people to a world of magic, miracles, angelic creativity and most of all healing. Not only Healing of themselves but healing through the ability to connect people with their loved ones who have crossed over.
2. What was the strangest job you’ve had? My strangest job iv had is being a medium of course!
3. Where is your favorite place to retreat for mental or physical health? Favorite place to retreat is anywhere outside in nature, public libraries and churches
4. Who were your early creative mentors or source for inspiration? My early mentors and inspiration! wow I have so many I guess ill just narrow it down to musical genius Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys! and spiritual leader Michael Bernard Beckwith because they taught me the most of what it means to really be happy.
5. How do you get past creative roadblocks? How to get past creative roadblocks? like the nike adds say”just do it”
6. How has SCATV/BFR been a positive influence in your creative career? SMC has been a positive influence because not only has it helped broaden my audience and viewers its created expansion within my vision inspiring more innovation for what I’m looking for!
7. What is your favorite music album? Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys
8. If you could have entrance music, what would it be? It would be Ritchie Valens “Sleepwalk” for sure!
9. What’s your favorite spot in Somerville to hangout or visit? My favorite spot in somerville is def Union Square.
10. In 140 characters or less, how would you pitch your show or who you are? My show The Boston Medium is a whole angelic production including music, art, film and guided meditations here to create a judgment free zone for people to talk about their supernatural experiences and get the healing from the spirit world as they have access to free live medium readings and soothing meditations to help heal throughout the day! This is a space to express the evidence of life after death and to spread high vibrations on live TV delivering good news, hope and inspiration to the public!