This giving season, sit back and take stock of what community media media means to you and/or how the activities at the old Firehouse at 90 Union Square have had an impact on you or someone you know.
2018 has been a year of firsts for us:
- There was the Speak Up Somerville Telethon
- The City of Somerville recognized SMC as one of 2018’s best places to work
- SMC added a podcasting studio (and related workshops) to its list of media-making offerings
- The Somerville Chamber of Commerce recognized SMC as Non-Profit of the year
- SMC began offering Studio Lab events as a tandem training & production activity to gain production experience
It has also been a year of firsts for scores of individuals who have been introduced the world of do-it-yourself media. Whether it is a young person participating in stop-motion animation camp, or a budding photographer or documentarian looking to improve their skills on a DSLR camera or camcorder, to someone looking for a creative outlet from the 9-to-5 grind through recording and editing a podcast, Somerville Media Center is many things to so many people.
Your media family here at 90 Union Square asks you to take the opportunity to contribute to YOUR Community Media Center and pay it forward – the opportunity for free expression via the media arts. As Massachusetts’ oldest access television station, and home to the longest running cable access show in the country, SMC has been on a 35+ year streak for non-commercial, hyper-local, community-made media. Please help us continue this proud tradition by making a tax-deductible donation.
Thank you for your generosity and continued support of Somerville Media Center.