This month we put a Member Spotlight on Joanna Bremis in our latest “Inside the SMC studio,” a monthly blog post highlighting our members and their incredible talent! Joanna is a new member with SMC and currently producing a music show in both English and Greek on Boston Free Radio Thursdays from 1-2pm. She is an incredible asset to the greater SMC community and we love having Joanna here as a new community member and volunteer – thanks for being a part of SMC family! Keep reading to learn more about Joanna!
1. Who are you and what do you do?
Joanna Bremis. At SMC, I am a radio show hostess.
2. What was the strangest job you’ve had?
None. No strange jobs.
3. Where is your favorite place to retreat for mental or physical health?
No retreats. I ride my bike, and do garden work.
4. Who were your early creative mentors or source for inspiration?
Family members. Grandparents and parents. Creative mentors.
5. How do you get past creative roadblocks?
Don’t have any. Not ever, actually.
6. How has Somerville Media Center been a positive influence in your creative career?
I wanted to do radio for youth and Greek community. Very cool.
7. What is your favorite music album?
8. If you could have entrance music, what would it be?
9. What’s your favorite spot in Somerville to hangout or visit?
Somerville Media Center.
10. In 140 characters or less, how would you pitch your show or who you are?
Listen Live to “The Joanna Bremis Show” Every Thursday 1-2pm on Boston Free Radio at Somerville Media Center.