Job Title: Media Production Intern
Supervised by: Dave Ortega
Hours per week: 10 – 20 hrs/wk
Job grade level: Intern, Unpaid. College Credit
Job Description: Somerville Media Center (SMC) is a membership-based, non-profit organization home to Somerville Community Access TV – channel 3, Boston Free Radio, and Somerville Neighborhood News. SMC exists to foster creativity, innovation and community expression through training, production resources, and global distribution. Our interns are our backbone and help support the staff and growth of the organization.
Interns will assist in the production of short documentary-style programs, public service announcements, TV studio productions, and event coverage for cablecast on SCATV Channel 3 and for online distribution. Interns will also perform video editing tasks as well. This internship is an excellent opportunity to improve video production skills and develop a resume reel of video projects.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop program ideas and a production schedule
- Develop promotional videos and PSA’s
- Assist during media production trainings
- Assist our member producers with their productions
- Create original programming for our channel and online
- Operate cameras, audio, lighting equipment during field shoots, scriptwriting, and video editing
- Produce programs for our partner organizations
General Job Requirements: Having experience with video production, including camera, audio, lighting. Some video editing with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Creative Suite Software. Ideal candidate is well organized, self motivated, and has a passion for community media and excellent video editing skills.
Education and/or Experience: Video production and/or journalism experience,organization and writing skills.
Language Skills: English. Additional ability to speak Creole, Portuguese and/or Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands: Some lifting may be required.
Contact: Dave Ortega, email@example.com