Here is the latest “Inside the SMC studio,” a monthly blog post highlighting our members and who they are! This month, we hear from Seamus Rudolph, one of our youth media producers and dedicated volunteers here at Somerville Media Center. Seamus has been involved in many youth media productions, has begun hisYouth Media Counselor in Training (CIT) program and has assisted on many SMC shows. We love having him here as an active member! Learn more about Seamus below!
My Name is Seamus Rudolph I love photography filmmaking and software engineering! I have lived in Somerville for 12 years! I am the Head Developer at a Social Media site for Nerdy Teens called Nerd ( Nerdyweb.wixsite.com/nerd ) and I am 12 and a Half years old!
2. What was the strangest job you’ve had?
The Strangest job I ever had was, helping out at the Agazzi Pre-school- It wasn’t really a job but I read the kids books and played with them, and it is strange because it is hard to come across a community like that!
3. Where is your favorite place to retreat for mental or physical health?
4. Who were your early creative mentors or source for inspiration?
5. How do you get past creative roadblocks?
6. How has SCATV/BFR been a positive influence in your creative career?
SCATV has been a huge influence on my life and “Creative Carrier” by providing me with an amazing creative space to create awesome media and I probably would’ve never been able to access and learn filmmaking skills if it went for SCATV! SMC has enabled me to sincerely think about this as a real carrier in my future!
7. What is your favorite music album?
It is hard to choose a favorite music album, but I do like: Hamilton A American Musical, by Lin Manuel Miranda. you could name any of the 46 songs and I could sing it start to finish!
8. What would be your entrance music?
“Light it up” instrumental
9. What’s your favorite spot in Somerville to hangout or visit?
Somerville Media Center
10. In 140 characters or less, how would you pitch your show or who you are?
My name is Seamus Rudolph, I live in Somerville MA. I am a sorta-filmmaker and photographer, I am working on a documentary on gun control.